Woolworths Limited ABN 88 000 014 675 (Woolworths), The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473 (Hollard) and Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd ABN 53 128 692 884 (GFS), (each a Recipient), are subject to the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988. The Recipients issue this Collection Notice jointly.
About this Collection Notice
This Collection Notice is in relation to Woolworths Insurance products. The Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for each Woolworths Insurance product contains terms and conditions regarding your privacy. Because those terms and conditions provide for certain consents, if you apply for a Woolworths Insurance product, you consent to the use of your personal information in the manner stated within the relevant PDS and this will impact how the Recipients use and disclose your personal information. You can view the relevant Product Disclosure Statement online at insurance.woolworths.com.au or obtain a copy by contacting Woolworths on 1300 10 1234. This Collection Notice should be read together with the relevant Product Disclosure Statement for your Woolworths Insurance product.
How and for what purpose is your personal information collected or disclosed?
In connection with your Woolworths Insurance product:
- personal information may be collected directly from prospective and current policyholders and insureds, or, where that is not reasonably practical, from other sources, such as: service providers, distributors, authorised representatives, another party involved in a claim, your authorised persons who deal with us on your behalf, data partners and any other organisation or person where you have consented to them providing your personal information to us or consented to us obtaining personal information from them;
- personal information is collected for processing insurance applications, preparing insurance quotes, administering Policies, assessing and paying claims under Policies, and performing administrative operations (including, for example; accounting, risk management and staff training);
- Woolworths and those with whom Woolworths has alliance and service arrangements may use personal information for the purposes of planning, researching, developing and identifying products and services that may interest you and (unless you request us not to) telling you about products and services offered by Woolworths, its related bodies corporate and alliance arrangements;
- Woolworths may use your personal information (but not sensitive information) to link any other Woolworths products or services, such as a Woolworths Rewards card, to your Woolworths Insurance product;
- personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the above purposes, including to reinsurers, related companies, advisers, persons involved in claims, home assessors (for Home Insurance), medical and emergency repatriation service providers (for Travel Insurance), veterinary service providers (for Pet Insurance), external claims data collectors and verifiers, our employees, agents and other persons where required by law.
Woolworths may disclose your personal information to related companies located in New Zealand. Hollard may disclose your information to its service providers located in the Philippines, France, Canada or Bulgaria. Otherwise Hollard and GFS are unlikely to disclose your information outside of Australia.
Consequences of non-disclosure
If you do not provide your information in whole or in part we may not be able to provide the services you require, or it may affect the outcome of any claim you submit.
Where to get more information
If you need more information or have any questions please call 1300 10 1234 between 8am – 7pm (AEST/AEDT) Monday to Friday and 9am – 5pm (AEST/AEDT) Saturday and Sunday (except public holidays). If your call relates to Life Insurance please call between 8am – 8pm (AEST/AEDT) Monday to Friday.
Last update of this policy: 1 October 2016