These terms and conditions are important and you should read them fully. But there are some specific terms we wanted to make you aware of. These are set out below.
Woolworths excludes any liability for any decision taken on the basis of information shown in or omitted from our website and will not be liable for any damages, including consequential damages, arising out of (i) any use of or inability to use our website; (ii) any performance failure or other defect in operation or transmission; (iii) any line or system failure or the introduction of any form of technical sabotage or (iv) use of or reliance on external third party sites (see clauses 13, 19 and 21 for more details).
You must indemnify us in respect of any liability incurred by us, however caused, as a result of you using our site to procure insurance cover for someone other than yourself or a member of your immediate family with that family member’s consent (see clause 17 for more details).
- Access to and use of the Website and all Woolworths Insurance products and services are subject to these Terms and Conditions. You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by using the Website, or otherwise indicating your agreement to be bound (e.g. by telling us over the phone, or ticking “I agree” when purchasing a policy).
- To provide each Woolworths Insurance product (and only for that purpose), Woolworths acts as an authorised representative or agent for the Insurance Partner who issues or underwrites the relevant product. Woolworths undertakes various activities including advertising, the operation and maintenance of some websites and quotelines, communication throughout the lifecycle of your policy and some sales and service functions. The terms and conditions that apply to your insurance product are set out in each respective PDS – Car Insurance, Home Insurance, Landlord Insurance, Renters Insurance, Pet Insurance, CTP Insurance, Life & Funeral Insurance, Travel Insurance. Woolworths may receive a commission and other benefits in connection with each of these policies.
- To provide additional services like roadside assistance, Woolworths works with Allied Service Providers who help deliver these services. The terms and conditions that apply to your Roadside Assist product are set out in the Woolworths Roadside Assist Terms & Conditions.
- In these Terms and Conditions:
- 'Allied Service Providers' refers to Vetchat Services Pty Ltd ABN 96 616 786 997 and Digicall Assist Pty Ltd ABN 92 152 605 340.
- ‘Insurance Partner’ refers to Swiss Re Life & Health Australia Limited ABN 74 000 218 306 AFSL No. 324908, Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd, ABN 53 128 692 884; AFSL No. 343079, The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473 AFSL No. 241436, PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd ACN 075 949 923 (as an administrator of Pet Insurance products) or QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035, as the case requires.
- ‘Website’ refers to insurance.woolworths.com.au and associated sites.
- ‘Woolworths’, ‘Woolworths Insurance’, ‘our’, ‘us’ and ‘we’ refers to Woolworths Group Limited ABN 88 000 014 675 AR No. 245476.
- ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘Woolworths Insurance Customer’ refer to users of the Website and persons who hold insurance policies issued under the Woolworths brand.
- At Woolworths Insurance, we love communicating with you about your policy, as well as great offers and benefits that we may make available to you. These offers and benefits may relate to insurance and/or other products and services. We only want to send you messages that you are happy to receive, and we try our best to make sure our messages are relevant to you. However, we understand you may want to opt out of receiving certain types of messages that we send you.
- Unless you have unsubscribed, you agree to Woolworths Insurance sending you messages via various channels (including by email, SMS, mail).
- You will receive different types of messages as a Woolworths Insurance Customer. You agree that the method by which you can unsubscribe from each of these types of messages is set out in the table below. Please note that opting out from one message type will not opt you out from the other message types:
||How you can unsubscribe
|Customer surveys, requests for feedback and market research
- click the unsubscribe link contained within those messages
|Marketing and promotional messages
- click the unsubscribe link contained within a marketing or promotional email to unsubscribe from such emails;
- for Car, Home and Landlords Insurance, log in to My Insurance Portal, go to My Account and update your settings to unsubscribe from marketing and promotional messages from Woolworths Insurance;
- send “STOP” to the number we provide you on any of our marketing or promotional SMSs to unsubscribe from such SMS messages; or
- call our Customer Care team on 1300 10 1234 and let us know what communications you no longer want to receive (if we can’t do it for you, we can certainly help walk you through the process).
|Marketing and promotional messages sent by our Insurance Partners, Allied Service Providers or other Woolworths brands and programs
- click the unsubscribe link contained within those messages to unsubscribe from such messages from that entity, brand or program; or
- follow the unsubscribe options referred to in the relevant PDS or terms and conditions to unsubscribe from such messages from that entity, brand or program.
- If you hold more than one Woolworths Insurance policy, unsubscribing from marketing and promotional messages from Woolworths Insurance will automatically unsubscribe you from marketing and promotional messages from Woolworths Insurance in relation to other Woolworths Insurance policies that are connected to the same email address or mobile number.
- To opt back in to receiving marketing and promotional messages from Woolworths Insurance, you can:
- email email@example.com
- for Car, Home and Landlords Insurance, log in to My Insurance Portal, go to My Account and update your settings to opt in to marketing and promotional messages from Woolworths Insurance; or
- call our Customer Care team on 1300 10 1234.
- If you have any questions about how to unsubscribe or how to manage your communication preferences, please call the Woolworths Insurance Customer Care team on 1300 10 1234.
- If you cancel your Woolworths Insurance product the Communication Sections of the Terms and Conditions will continue to apply for 5 business days after the effective date of the cancellation of your policy. However, the relevant Insurance Partners may continue to communicate to you in relation to your policy.
- The information in the Website is a summary only. Source material should be consulted in all cases affecting legal rights or responsibilities. Changes in circumstances may occur at any time and may impact on the accuracy or completeness of the information. However, to the extent permitted by law, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information and excludes liability for any decision taken on the basis of information shown in or omitted from this Website.
- The material on the Website is published by us and is intended for use in Australia. The Website is not intended for use outside Australia. We make no claim that the information contained on this Website is appropriate or may be downloaded legally outside Australia. If you access the Website from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with the laws in your respective jurisdiction.
- The Website is not intended for persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you should speak to your parents, your guardian, or a responsible adult and obtain their permission to use the Website.
- The information, materials and services contained on the Website are provided to you ‘as is’, and ‘as available’. To the maximum extent permitted by law, unless otherwise specified, we disclaim all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory. In addition, we do not warrant, guarantee or make any representations regarding the security of accounts, or that the Website is free from destructive materials, including but not limited to computer viruses, hackers, or other technical sabotage.
- We also do not warrant, guarantee or make any representations that access to the Website will be fully accessible at all times, uninterrupted, or error-free. Use of the Website is limited to obtaining insurance quotes, obtaining, other information relating to the price of insurance cover and conducting insurance related transactions or queries, in respect of insurance cover for you or a member of your immediate family, with their prior consent. You agree not to otherwise use the Website to obtain insurance quotes, or to obtain other information relating to the price of insurance cover from us or conduct insurance-related transactions or queries. You also agree to indemnify us in respect of any liability incurred by us for any loss, cost damage or expense, howsoever caused, suffered by us as a result of your breach of this obligation.
- In using the Website you agree that you will not, either directly, or indirectly through another party, use any robot, spider, screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other device or process to process, monitor, copy or extract any web pages on the Website, or any of the information, content or data contained within or accessible through the Website, without our prior written permission. Further you agree not to use any process to aggregate or combine information, content or data contained within or accessible through the Website with information, content or data accessible via or sourced from any third party. In addition you agree not to use any information on or accessed through the Website for any commercial purpose or otherwise (either directly or indirectly) for profit or gain. You also agree not to reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formula or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with the Website, or copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display, any part of any content from the Website without our prior written permission.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim liability for any damages, including, without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, compensatory, exemplary or consequential damages, losses or expenses, including without limitation lost or misdirected orders, lost profits, lost goodwill, or lost or stolen programs or other data, however caused and under any theory of liability arising out of or in connection with (1) use of the Website, or the inability to use the Website by any party; or 2) any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission; or (3) line or system failure or the introduction of a computer virus, or other technical sabotage, even if we or our employees or representatives are advised of the possibility or likelihood of such damages, losses or expenses.
- All names and marks depicted at the Website are owned by one or more of us and no permission is given to you to make any use (including any reproduction) of them.
- The Website may contain a number of links to other sites which are operated by third parties. The provision of the link does not mean that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, use, or products and services made available through the associated web sites. By utilising these links, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the actions, content, accuracy, privacy policies, opinions expressed, services provided, goods sold, or other links provided by these sites. You further acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible either directly or indirectly for any damage or loss caused by use of or reliance on linked sites. Should you have any questions regarding these sites, you should address them directly to our contact shown on the Website.
Governing Law and Disputes
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law in force in the state of New South Wales, Australia.
- Subject to clause 24, any dispute arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions or in connection with your use of the Website which cannot be resolved by good faith negotiations between you and us shall be referred to mediation or to arbitration. However, subject to clause 24, we reserve, at our absolute discretion, our right to instigate legal proceeding prior to negotiation, arbitration or mediation against any individual, organisation or entity, who in our opinion has acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- For information relating to complaints and disputes relating to insurance products, please refer to the relevant PDS. For information relating to complaints and disputes relating to financial services we provide, please refer to the relevant financial services guide.