What is CTP Green Slip Insurance?

Compulsory Third Party (also known as a CTP Green Slip) is a mandatory insurance policy* that must be purchased before you can register your vehicle in NSW. CTP Insurance is cover for you and for anyone who is injured during an accident.

Your CTP Green Slip will cover the injured party's medical costs as well as some cover towards your personal injuries, if you are at fault. This type of insurance does not cover any damage to your or the other driver's vehicle.

What does CTP Green Slip Insurance Cover? 

injured parties

Injured Parties

You and your passengers, third party drivers and passengers, pedestrians, cyclists and anyone injured during an accident#

medical treatment

Medical Treatment

Medical costs, rehab and other expenses for all those injured in the accident (up to 6 months)

lost income and compensation

Lost Income & Compensation

Compensation to drivers and families who may experience loss of income or need ongoing care as a result of a severe or life threatening accident

What's not covered by CTP Green Slip Insurance? 

vehicles and property

Vehicles & property

The cost of damaged vehicles or property for you or the other driver. For this type of cover consider purchasing Car Insurance

3 quick steps to get your NSW CTP online

You will need your registration papers handy to purchase CTP Green Slip Insurance. Once you purchase, your insurance details will be automatically sent to TfNSW and will appear on your registration.


Get a quote and buy online in minutes

Why pick Woolworths Insurance?

buy online

Buy online in minutes

Get a quote or purchase online in minutes

good driver discount

Good Driver Discount

Save on your CTP Insurance premium if you are over 30 and have no demerit points on your license

flexible  policy duration

Flexible policy duration

You may be able to pay your premium for 6 or 12 months to suit your budget and lifestyle

Frequently asked questions

What is CTP Insurance?

Learn more

What does my CTP Green Slip Insurance cover?

Learn more

Do I have to purchase a CTP Policy for 12 months?

Learn more

If you are charged with a serious driving offence, you may not be eligible for compensation. Visit SIRA NSW for more details

CTP Insurance is issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 for whom we act as an agent.

Woolworths Group Limited ABN 88 000 014 675 is authorised to distribute CTP in New South Wales as an agent of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035) (QBE). QBE holds a CTP license and issues your policy. Woolworths Group Limited is remunerated by QBE for certain policies. Any information displayed is factual only and does not consider any personal circumstances. For more information about this CTP product, please contact QBE.