What is CTP Green Slip Insurance?

Compulsory Third Party CTP Insurance (also known as a CTP Green Slip) provides cover for medical costs, lost income and death resulting from an accident caused when you or the person driving your car is at fault^.

In NSW, CTP Insurance is mandatory to register your car.

For Insurance that covers damage to your vehicle and other motor vehicles, you'll need to purchase additional Car Insurance, such as Comprehensive or Third Party Property Damage as CTP will only provide cover for the potential injuries caused by an accident.

Registering your car and CTP Insurance

When you register your car, you will be required to purchase CTP Green Slip Insurance. It covers the driver of your car against any claims of injury or death from an accident caused when the driver of your vehicle is at fault.

In NSW, you can choose your own CTP Green Slip Insurer. So you can compare green slip quotes and choose the one that works best for you. You can get a Woolworths Insurance CTP Green Slip quote here.

While CTP Green Slip Insurance covers third party claims for personal injuries from an accident, it doesn't cover your vehicles or property damaged if your car is at fault.

To insure your vehicle against theft, damage or claims for a third party vehicle, you may want to compare different Car Insurance cover options, such as:

Comprehensive car insurance gives you cover for damage caused to your car and other people's property 

Drive Less Pay Less is comprehensive insurance based on how much you drive

Third Party Property Damage covers you for any damage you or someone driving your car cause to another person's vehicle.

Third Party, Fire & Theft covers you with all the benefits of Third Party Property, plus theft, attempted theft, malicious damage and fire.

What to do before you make a claim

If you have an accident, the first thing you should do is check everyone is safe and ok. Then report the accident to the police. You're going to need the police event number to make a CTP Green Slip claim. You've got 28 days from the accident to lodge your claim, however SIRA recommends you submit your claim as soon as possible.

Next, you'll need to head to your doctor for a Certificate of Fitness and this will be completed by your doctor.

If you're making a claim for income support payments, it's recommended to also have proof of recent income, like a payslip. To receive back pay from the date of the accident, the insurer needs to receive your claim within 28 days. Otherwise, you have 3 months to submit a claim to receive weekly income payments going forward.

Then, once you have these documents you're all ready to submit your claim.


How to make a claim with CTP Green Slip Insurance?

One of the most important parts of being insured is knowing how to make a claim if you need to. The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) reports around 17,000 people make a CTP Green Slip claim in NSW every year.

We’ve partnered with QBE Insurance to provide our customers with CTP Insurance. QBE is dedicated to helping you with your CTP Claim. If you’re involved in an accident, it's easy to make a claim if you need to. Simply fill out the application for personal injury benefit form and then get in touch with QBE in any of the following ways:

  133 723, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm (AEST)


  GPO Box 7037, Sydney, NSW 2001

For general information on the CTP claims process and Insurers, contact CTP Assist by phone: 1300 656 919 or
email: ctpassist@sira.nsw.gov.au

Get a quote or buy online in minutes

Why pick Woolworths Insurance

buy online

Buy online in minutes

Get a quote or purchase online in minutes

good driver discount

Good Driver Discount

Save on your CTP Insurance premium if you are over 30 and have no demerit points on your license

flexible  policy duration

Flexible policy duration

You may be able to pay your premium for 6 or 12 months to suit your budget and lifestyle

You might also like...

Up to 15% discount consists of: 5% promotional discount for a limited time only & 5% off for online applications, both these discounts apply for the first year only and up to 5% off to exclude drivers under 25. Minimum premiums may reduce savings discount.

°10% off your shop (purchase exclusions apply) once a month on one of selected dates, valid for Woolworths Insurance Policyholders, excluding Travel Insurance Policyholders, who have opted in to receiving marketing communications and have a registered Woolworths Rewards card linked to the policy when making the purchase. Excludes Tasmania. Maximum purchase amount of $500. For full T&Cs visit https://insurance.woolworths.com.au/promotions/10-off-your-shop.html

Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions including the limits and exclusions of the insurance policy. Cover is issued by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473 AFSL No. 241436 (Hollard). Woolworths Group Limited ABN 88 000 014 675 AR No. 245476 (Woolworths) acts as Hollard’s Authorised Representative. Any advice provided is general only and may not be right for you. Before you purchase this product you should carefully read the Car Insurance Product Disclosure Statement to decide if it is right for you.