We understand that it can be very stressful if you need to make a claim. Our helpful claims team will be there to assist you when you most need it.
The key steps in the claims process can be summarised as follows:
Notify us of your claim
Tell us about your claim as soon as possible. You can report your claim 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling our Claims team on 1300 10 1234. We will take all the details from you and provide you with a claim number.
Alternatively, you can also download our claim form. The completed claim form should be returned to Woolworths Home Insurance Claims via email to email@example.com or fax to 02 88899512 as soon as possible.
Assessing the claim
Following notification of your claim due to the happening of an insured event:
- Our Assessor will assess the damage to your building and/or contents.
- We will organise quotes through our service provider network and organise emergency repairs.
Our settlement of the claim
We will at our discretion, and subject to your policy terms and conditions (including any applicable excess/es) then decide whether to:
For Building Insurance
- Repair or rebuild your home.
- Pay you the reasonable cost of repairing or rebuilding your home.
- Pay you up to the building sum insured or other applicable limits.
For Contents Insurance
- Repair or replace any lost or damaged item.
- Pay you the reasonable cost of repairing or replacing any lost or damaged item.
- Pay you up to the contents sum insured or other applicable limits.
Where we decide to repair your building
The appointed builder or service provider will contact you about repairing the damage. If you need to pay an excess, this is usually paid directly to the builder when they commence work.
If you decide not to proceed with the rebuild or repair of your building we will pay the lesser of:
- The rebuild or repair cost.
- The difference in the value of your building and the land it is situated on before the damage occurred and the value of the building and land after the damage has been situated.
Where we decide to replace your contents
The appointed supplier will contact you about replacing your items. If you need to pay an excess, this is usually paid directly to the supplier, or deducted from the settlement.
If we have accepted your claim, we will take care of any supplier payments and ensure everything is finalised in accordance with the policy terms and conditions.
For full details or any questions see the Claims section in your Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide or call our Claims team on 1300 10 1234.
Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions including the limits and exclusions of the insurance policy. Cover is issued by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473AFSL No. 241436 (Hollard). Woolworths Limited ABN 88 000 014 675 AR No. 245476 (Woolworths) acts as Hollard’s Authorised Representative. Any advice provided is general only and may not be right for you. Before you purchase this product you should carefully read the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide (Combined PDS FSG) to decide if it is right for you.