We understand how stressful it can be making a Home or Contents claim, which is why our Claims Team will do everything they can to process your claim as fast as possible, and get your household back to normality.
Here's what to expect when you need to make a claim:
Making a claim
Tell us about your claim as soon as possible. You can report your claim 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by either:
Assessing the claim
Once we've received your claim, our assessor will assess the damage to your building and/or contents. We'll then organise quotes through our service provider network and organise any emergency repairs if they are required.
Our settlement of the claim
We will at our discretion, and subject to your policy terms and conditions (including any applicable excess/es) then decide whether to:
For Building Insurance
- Repair or rebuild your home
- Pay you the reasonable cost of repairing or rebuilding your home
- Pay you up to the building sum insured or other applicable limits
For Contents Insurance
- Repair or replace any lost or damaged item
- Pay you the reasonable cost of repairing or replacing any lost or damaged item
- Pay you up to the contents sum insured or other applicable limits
Where we decide to repair your building
- The appointed builder or service provider will contact you about repairing the damage. If you need to pay an excess, this is usually paid directly to the builder when they commence work.
If you decide not to proceed with the rebuild or repair of your building
- Pay the difference in the value of your building and the land it is situated on before the damage occurred and the value of the building and land after the damage has been situated.
Where we decide to replace your contents
- The appointed supplier will contact you about replacing your items. If you need to pay an excess, this is usually paid directly to the supplier or deducted from the settlement.
Once we have accepted your claim, we will take care of any supplier payments and ensure everything is finalised in accordance with the policy terms and conditions.
For full details or any questions see the Claims section in your Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide or call our Claims team on 1300 10 1234.
Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions including the limits and exclusions of the insurance policy. Any advice provided is general only and may not be right for you. Before you purchase this product you should carefully read the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide (Combined PDS FSG) to decide if it is right for you.